Thursday, February 17, 2011

Peter’s Inn Review

Peter’s Inn Review
Baltimore Dining Bucket List #1

http://www.petersinn.com/
504 South Ann Street
Baltimore, MD 212314

Maybe the people of Baltimore City have been keeping this gem close to their hearts so as to not overcrowd the small restaurant on the nights they want to have a nice dinner out. Or maybe I have been living under a rock. Whatever the case I am so appreciative that a friend recommended that we go to Peter’s Inn on February 11, 2011. I could also be thanking Prime on Eastern Ave, our attempted first destination, for driving us out with not just poor service but no service entirely. All things happen for a reason. We couldn’t be seated or get a drink at Prime because we were, thankfully, meant to wander around the corner to the unassuming Peter’s Inn.

A s a party of 6 for a late Friday night dinner out we found ourselves lined up at the butcher block bar at Peter’s Inn. The menu is customized on a weekly basis and hand written on a sheet of regular printer paper. The restaurant has only about 7 tables covered with a white table cloth and I want to say a small flower vase in the middle of each but I could be making that up. All tables were full of conversation, good looking food and filled drinks. I would describe Peter’s Inn as a fancy dive. It has the staff, size, and décor of a fells point dive but the food and over all experience was more refined.

Lucky for us a few people exited the bar as we were arriving. By the time we had arrived a few of the menu choices were sold out so for future trips I recommend getting there by 7:30. Our party snagged the last order of lamb, and it worth it! I ordered duck for the first time. It was amazing. The garlic bread is easy to rave about. The boys ordered the filet (medium). I cannot think of the one other dish that was order for the meal. I said something widely inappropriate similar to the idea that everything that went in my mouth was amazing. I tried the lamb, filet, duck, vegetable sides, and mashed potatoes. Then after dinner we ordered dessert. I am not much of a dessert person but still amazing and recommended; coffee ice-cream, chocolate and some smooshy cookie.

I will continue to rave about the food eaten at Peter’s Inn. I was pleasantly surprised by my risky order of duck. All of the patrons in my party were equally excited about their choices. The one downfall that I don’t want to ruin the review, but it should be mentioned, is the bartender wasn’t exactly friendly. He was a little disgruntled but I didn’t let that bring me down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment