Lately I have been exploring the menus and day time atmosphere at Claddaugh. I have to say I find the daytime atmosphere, although still somewhat dreary inside, a lot more enjoyable than the night time bumper car feel. Although I guess that preferences depends on your mood, aim, and age. With that being said I have two meal times to write about.
My favorite meal type - Brunch
Waking up on a Saturday morning in Canton, with the disappearance of Helen’s Garden, can be a difficult task to find a restaurant catering to the breakfast eater (I know I need to try the new place on Elliot but until then…). Opening at 9am and saving my mood was Claddaugh. Seats were available both at the casual bar and in the more formal white table cloth section in the back room. I chose the bar as I needed a hangover curing drink and the engaging soccer watching crowd. The menu although not extremely extensive had options for every breakfast eater, savory, sweet, meaty and healthy. I have ordered the croissant bacon egg and cheese sandwich, as well as an Italian omelet (huge!). Both were tasty. Drinks are okay. Even though I would order an orange crush again it was not the best crush I have ever had. And from what I remember the Bloody Mary was fine too. Standard pub atmosphere, easy to find a seat, and enough variety on the menu.
Lunch
Although I do not have much else to say about atmosphere and setting I ordered a poached shrimp salad, no dressing- the Greeley. As I begin my diet - I could see myself eating this salad 2 or 3 times a week; Satisfying, refreshing and filling. Sara ordered the margarita pizza and had I not been calorie cutting this day I would have order this delicious looking flatbread pizza too!
No comments:
Post a Comment